Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kell's Bday & Ocean Diving

Kelly and Cameron
Monday I turned in the hardest assignment of my life and finally took a deep breath before immediately continuing homework. Life of an Engineer... It also happened to be Kelly's 2nd 18th birthday! So here is a late birthday shout out to Kelly. Kel is from farm country in victoria and she is known as the aussie hick. Especially because her accent is so thick and obnoxious. haha. She has a crazy obsession over shooters super shitty night club. Maybe just cuz she gets free alcohol on tuesdays or maybe because of her "shooters boyfriend". The only reason i'll ever go back to shooters is for Franky's 50% off kebabs afterwards. Kelly's interests include tanning on the beach and boys. When she is not doing these she can be found in her room studying hard for her med classes. Yeah who would've thought a pretty girl with a nice tan would have the brains and patience for medical classes. So yeah that's Kel.
We went to the beach/pier for her birthday evening. It was really nice view to see the sunsetting on the beach.


Tuesday morning I went scuba diving for the first time in the open water. At first I was pretty claustrophobic but after about a minute I got used to it and it was an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend everyone to go scuba diving. It is like being in a new world. The gravity is different, breathing is different, and life itself is different. There was one deep moment I had where a fish came right up to my face and stared at me. He was just curious and that is when I realized that although life was different down their, it was still the same energy. I felt at peace, took a deep breath and took in everything I could. I ended up seeing a tiger fish, rock fish, pencil fish, and a small eel. I can't wait to move on to other sites. There is a shark dive in a few weeks that would be amazing to go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment