Friday I didn't do much, I had class, went to the gym, turned in assignments, planned my outback trip a little and went to bed early.
Saturday morning Nidge and I attempted to go for a surf, but it was already on shore by like 7:30am and the waves were shit. Plus it was raining. So instead we went to Macuhs go some sausage egg mcmuffins and a chocolate MILK Shake. They call it thick shakes here even though it wasn't thick at all and they even call plain chocolate milk here chocolate shake. Anyways so from there we went a surf outlet store so I could look at a wetty top. I figured that I wanna surf more than an hour at a time and I'll probably use it back home anyway when I go up to the boat during the early summer when the water is still freezing.
 |
| Lake Geneva in May |
|
I'll be able to wakeboard more too then. So I thought trying on clothes at Kohl's was bad, but damn don't ever take me wetty shopping again. It took me like 10 minutes to put on a wet top. Bumping into all the walls of the changing room, must've sounded like I was getting lucky and scared away all the customers. But after all that I found out I was too skinny for the large. So then I had to go back take off the wetty and put on the medium. I was practically starting to sweat just putting on and taking it off. Nigel was just browsing the store would look up every once in a while and have a good laugh. Finally we got to the check out and the guy tries to charge me $10 extra. I was like, "hell no that that shit is 50% off, i'm an engineer I know my math. Now can you throw in some board wax too" haha just kidding. I owe credit to Hobbs cuz he asked the guy if he could throw in some wax too and the guy said yes. So I got a wetty top and wax for a solid $60.
Anyway the rest of Saturday I was literally in the library working on this MatLab project that I got thrown at me and I have no experience or prior knowledge to matlab. I thought they were supposed to teach me. So me and these candians that I made friends with in my class took on the assignment.
 |
| Nigel,Kalvin,Tim,Graham |
Sunday: Graham, Tim, Nigel, Kalvin, and I went to a Brisbane Broncos rugby game. Luckily Nigel has a car and was willing to drive us up there annnnddd it was a good thing Kalvin's mate lives up in brisbane so we were able to park for free there and be in walking distance of suncorp stadium. The stadium was fairly large, i'd say it holds about 50,000 people. And it was pretty filled except the try zone bleachers. In rugby they call it a try instead of touchdown. It was a fun game though, they played the south sydney rabbitohs, who scored on their first drive within like 5 minutes. After that though the broncos realized they had to try and get some trys to win the game. So the broncos pulled ahead at before half and in the 2nd half there wasn't much scoring. In Rugby I noticed there is always action but there never really is a huge spectacular play like in football. The most exciting things that happen in rugby is when someone breaks through the line and runs as fast as he can to the try zone before he gets hunted down by the other team. Another exciting part is when they punt it after 6 tackles and attempt to catch it again. Broncos won and it was cool to see a professional rugby match. When we got back that night I had to grind out the rest of my project. I wouldn't say I finished it and got 100% on the project but I certainly did enough to the best of my knowledge to pass. God I can't wait til this class is over with.

No comments:
Post a Comment