Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Learning to Dive
Monday, I spent all day taking my real first set of Scuba lessons! I got to the office and they mad me watch the second informational DVD on scuba diving (I finished the 1st one last Tuesday). After that me, my friend Brittany from Canada) and 4 other people were taken to a pool to put on scuba gear and dive. Of course like an idiot I put my wet suit on backwards like a scrub. So I had to struggle out of it and then struggle back into it. Then they geared us up and damn it was a lot heavier than I expected, especially since we had to walk from the trailer to the pool. It was the first time I had ever been in a salt water pool before. I wish I had gotten a picture though, Next time. In the pool the instructor showed us all the safety procedures and necessary skills of diving. There is a lot more than you would think. No wonder you need to be certified in order to go, because if I went diving without instruction I'd be freaked the hell out. The first breath under water I will never forget though. It was the weirdest feeling ever to be supported by a tank of air and basically just live underwater. It's a lot different than snorkeling too. It's so hard to explain, you just gotta do it. And yet I haven't even dove in the ocean yet and I'm still blown away from the experience. The class went all day and Next Sunday I will be going into the Ocean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment