I woke up at like 5 am due to jet lag, but it was good because I had to get started on my long day of going back to the airport. It was rainy and cold all I had was my shorts and t-shirt. I had to walk across campus to a bus that took me to the train station. Then I bought a $30 One Way ticket to the airport, collected my luggage and took the same trip back. After all that I spent $60 and almost 8 hours getting my luggage. Talk about pain in the ass. When I got back I met some kids and we went downtown to some pancake restaurant and shopping. Now I'm finally settled in and on the verge of becoming broke.
Things that have stood out to me so far have been the foliage and animals. The crazy different plants and trees they have here make it seem like I'm from at another planet. There a tall trees that look like ferns and fan-like plants that are as big as trees. There are some really annoying black birds that I thought at first were crows but then I noticed that they had blue eyes and got a lot closer to humans than crows. Their sound is very loud and sounds like a combination of a squawk and quack. Another bird's call was the coolest one i've ever heard, it sounded like a flute. And No i haven't seen koala or kangaroo yet...
PS Tim Tam chocolate wafers are amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment