Sunday, July 17, 2011

Finally, a day to relax.

I woke up early again and so i decided to check out the nearby woods. It was weird and a lot different than home. And then I went to the beach with some new friends, most of them were Canadian. To my surprise Canadians are actually really nice people, None of them really like hockey though which is sorta upsetting hahaha. The water at the beach really wasn't that cold, but the air and strong winds made it terribly frigid when you get out of the water.  And then I bought my first alcohol here, and Oh boy is it expensive. It is like $40 for a 24 pack of beer, $40 for a bottle of smirnoff. The only thing cheap is box wine that people called Goon. I also found a good deal for like 3 40's for $5 but it isn't malt liquor. Then there was a bbq and concert for all the new residents. After, I went out to the bars for the first time, wasn't very good because it was sunday. But on our taxi ride back I was talking to the cab driver and he was telling me about the bull shit economy they have here and how basically the same company owns most of the stores with goods, foods, and alcohol, so they have a monopoly and jack up the prices....Whatever, i'll make due.

-Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment