Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Grind

So my schedule for the day was 8am-6pm with two 1 hour breaks thrown in there. First I had Geographic Information Systems, it's a mapping course and through partially listening to the introduction, it seems like a fairly easy class. Right after GIS, I had statistics. This statistics course is going to be a piece of cake compared to Dif EQ and Calculus. I actually have another course that starts in the middle of class and I asked the prof if it was going to be a problem and this is what he literally said, "You from the states? You do engineering? Oh yeah mate, no worries, you'll shit all over this course. This is piss easy. Just email me later." Needless to say, my stats professor is clearly the shit. So I left my stats class and went to Soil mechanics. Finally, a class I knew someone. My french friend, etienne, was in the class also. Then I romped around campus, finding my way. I think I know all the shortcuts now. Finally I had my last class of the day, it was computer programming and architecture. It seemed really cool but it was 3 straight hours of pure lecture on computer language. Seriously. We don't even get computers to play around with  and figure it out for ourselves, we have to come in another day for a workshop once a week. Also i'm taking MATlab and GIS so I'll be behind the computer long enough this semester. So after an hour of lecture I couldn't stand it, got up, and left.



At night I went to the Aussies' and we played this sweet game that I can't believe I've never played before. Hockey. You spin the quarter, call out someones name  he tries to hit the quarter at someones cup and everyone else has to put up their "goalies" which is one fist to block the quarter. You can keep hitting it around while it's wobbling and whoever gets hit has to drink while the next quarter is spinning. Also I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but the aussies have this song where you have to chug for being an asshole. "Here's to ___, he's true blue, he's a pisspot through and through, he's a bastard so they say, he tried to go to heaven but he went the other way! he went down down down down" Yeah so you don't want to spill your drink, ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment