Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week Back

This week a did a lot of hanging out with friends and also a lot of sitting in my room learning many things. I had my first final on Thursday for GIS (computer mapping). It wasn't too bad, and no it's not finals yet. It is just that lectures ended two weeks ago so we had our final early, now we have a project due at the end. I also have been practicing knots. I've been focusing on  knot tying, bowdrill, and traps. Paperbark tree works very well hear because it is a very soft wood. Graham thinks i'm going to burn GUV down. Also usually once a week I would accidentally scare the shit out of Graham, but this week my evil tendencies have taken over and I've been stalking up on him on purpose. I have even managed to put things in his room and he has no idea how ;-). I've enjoyed making traps and stalking up on him too much. He even ended up making a bet with me that he would get me back before I could scare him again. That quickly failed, I even gave him like 3 times and he has yet to scare me.



Thursday night graham and I went out to tav and witnessed our friend dan who is canadian, win $100 in slots. What is so special about this is that every time he plays the same slot machine and it always pays out big bucks for him.

Saturday night I went out with Cam and his friend Trent from sydney. I guess the rowing team was celebrating their 3rd place victory from that day. There was free dinner which was sweet. Also Trent is a crazy dancer, so his energy ignited me and cam's. Lets just say we basically got a VIP area of the dance floor wherever we went. It was a lot of fun, I hadn't danced like that in forever.

Like my wall paper?


Today graham and I went to the beach, but the transportation system is so awful here that we spent like 3 hours total riding/waiting for buses. We also saw a great rugby game between australia and south africa in one of the bars. We're going out for $2 steaks and $2 Budweisers tonight so it should be a great dinner.

I'm finally caught up to date. Phew. Look forward to Melbourne this weekend to visit my cousin Matt. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment