This last week was hectic. I was sick a little bit and I've been non stop. Mostly homework and other chores has consumed my life once again, but I have managed to do a few fun things.
Thursday night I bought some Caronas with Nidge and Cam and a bunch of us headed out to Tav. On the way to tav Cam thought he saw one of his rowing mates across the street and starts to scream for his attention and call him over. The kid comes running across the street and Cam's like you're not soandso, instead it was a "gay asian paraplegic midget" according to Cam and Kalvin. Without skipping a beat the kid keeps running toward us and throws a punch at my head. I didn't even know what happened, I just turned my head and looked at him blankly. He was jumping around being a little leprechaun. The kid was so pathetic that we just kept walking, while he was high fiving his friend and calling me a Justin Bieber f####t. And I know. Why didn't I knock him the fuck out. Honestly, Well if you saw the kid and his attempt to be tough you'd laugh, and I was feeling too good and too shocked to do anything. It was such a random and hilarious event. So now the new rumor is that I got knocked out by a gay asian paraplegic midget.
Friday night Cam, Kalvin, Kelly, Nigel, and I went to go see Paranormal Activity 3. I just want to quickly rant about tap water. It is so god damn hard sometimes to get tap water in Australia. I guess they don't have a law hear that says companies have to be able to supply free tap water to anyone. For such a hot country you would think dehydration is very common and that free water would be everywhere, but no you gotta pull nails for water. And if you do get water such as at this movie theater they give you a little piss cup worth of water. So stupid. Anyway the movie was awfully cheesy, but it provided sufficient entertainment. I'd say the funniest part in the movie was when the little girl got tossed across the room like a little ragdoll. Just the way it happened was hilarious. Most of the entertainment came from Kalvin though. The whole movie Kalvin was in the fetal position and screaming at every part. haha one time the door slammed in the movie and Kalvin, the only one in the theatre, "Shit!!".
Saturday was So Much Fun. The international club had another even and we went to the rock pools in Currumbin. It was the first time I've been cliff jumping and what thrill. One of the jumps was about 5m/16ft up and you could jump out into the pool. Then we found out there was a significantly more dangerous jump, which was about 10/12.5m or 30/40 feet high. They actually have signs that say don't jump off the rocks and a memorial plaque to someone who died. Al (NY), Brockwin(Aussie Chick), and I got to the top and looked out. Holy Cow was it scary, There was a rock sticking out so you had to jump and clear that, but if you jumped a little too far left you would've hit shallow rock. I don't know if we even checked the depth from that point, but fearless Al went for it. You get like one maybe two steps before you have to jump so not much of a running jump either. Al made it alive but actually scraped his back a bit. Then Brockwin went and scraped her arm a bit. I was chicken for about 10min and kept playing it over in my head. It was scary and probably stupid jump. But finally I just did it. It was ridiculous I felt like I was falling forever, but now when I think about it it's just one big blur. Later we found out that more upstream their were some cool things. We get there and there are some locals havin beers and sliding down some natural rockslide. It was a few meters of raging water across smooth rock that would then have a small natural rock ramp that would launch you over rocks into a small pool of water, which was about the size of a Queen Bed. It amazed me how perfectly formed nature made the formation to have enough speed, trajectory, depth, and size so that someone could "safely" ride the slide and live. Everytime it looked like the slide was going to launch you into the edge of the rocks. But man I can't even tell you how much fun it was. Finally the third stop was a 15m/50 feet rope swing into a deep pool of water. The whole day was amazing: the view, the fun, the people.
That night was Hugh and Molly's birthday party and you had to dress as something that starts with the letter 'o'. Easy enough for me I had my Syracuse Orange Jersey and Shorts. I told Nigel he should go as Optimus, when I went to his house later I saw him working on his costume. He went all out. Boxes colored and shaped to make an amazing optimus prime costume. Hopefully I'll get a picture soon. Cam went as an Oscillating Pedistal fan.




No comments:
Post a Comment