Today we woke up and it was a disaster. Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I thought we would have been shin deep in mud, but it was just our feet. Many things were soaked and dirty. Luckily it was a very hot and dry day so we could dry everything off and most importantly, get out. The 4 passenger car actually got out fine but big red was stuck. Thanks to the girls though who waved down some local in their four wheeler came and pulled us right out. If it wasn't for them we may have been stranded in the outback. Which would've been fun too :)
Then we drove to some town starting with a 'c'. Here we actually stayed for longer than anticipated regrouping, refueling, eating, and exploring. Here we found a green's tree frog hopping around. I thought they lived in more tropical climates, but apparently they have so many that hop through that town. I was tempted to keep it as a pet, but there was no way I could take care of a tree frog and myself for another day and half considering our travels. Besides his home and rightful place was there. There was a souvenir shop their, but it was more like a dollar store. I saw some really cool books on aboriginal culture that I wanted but they were $30 each. I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money.
After that we started driving as far as we could because the next day we had to return the car by 4. We stopped for fuel and our car pulled over to check out the cactus trees, which only grew between the actual outback and the coastal rainforests. At the end of the day we made it to this beautiful lake called lake broadwater. It was so glassy and clean.
![]() | |
| Those are 'saplings' they get huge |



No comments:
Post a Comment