Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sydney Part 1

Saturday Arrival: Domestic Airports are a lot quicker and simpler than U.S. Airports. It took me like 10/15minutes tops to get through security. I didn't even have to take of my shoes or get pat down. The flight down to sydney was really quick, only like an hour.
So anyway my great uncle Ben and Kathy picked me up from the airport and immediately started showing me around. We started off at Darling Harbour which is where the maritime museum and loads of shops are restaurants are. There was a nice pedestrian bridge that allowed easy access to the other side of the harbour and the city.


We then made our way to observation hill where most of the city could be seen by a nice park. Then we went to the Sydney Harbour Bridge, but no I did not do the bridge climb. A) because it is expensive B) didn't really have time for it and C) Didn't want my great aunt and uncle to be waiting hours for me. So instead we did the far cheaper, quicker option that still had a great view. We walked up the pylon stairs, which was still very high and you could see Sydney stretching on forever. I had no idea Sydney was so big.

Then we walked down to a nearby bar & grill to get some food and meet my 'cousin once removed', James. James is like 28 if I recall, is married, and is pregnant with his wife. He is very nice, definitely knows his bars around Sydney, loves Australia Union Rugby, and works in Human Relations. He had me try crocodile pizza. The pizza wasn't very good, but the crocodile was. A great description for crocodile meat is thin, very chewy, maybe a little more salty, chicken. After dinner and some great visiting we headed over to the opera house. I suppose I finally reached the biggest landmark of Australia. It was good to finally get there and see the biggest two sites in Sydney from one location. It really wasn't much though, it was definitely like sweet here is the opera house... now what. I definitely have found that I enjoy beautiful sceneries and experiences than I do landmarks. From there we took the fairy over back to Darling harbour, had dinner and watched the Australia v. Ireland rugby game in which Ireland upset the Wallabies.



No comments:

Post a Comment