![]() |
| Left to Right: Sam, Shushu, Janine, Graham, Victor, Me, Thomas, and Marlon |
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?saddr=Brisbane,+Queensland&daddr=Toowoomba,+Queensland+to:Roma,+Queensland+to:Charleville,+Queensland+to:Quilpie,+Queensland+to:Windorah,+Queensland+to:Jundah,+Queensland+to:Quilpie,+Queensland+to:Yowah,+Queensland+to:Cunnamulla,+Queensland+to:Dalby,+Queensland+to:Brisbane+QLD&hl=en&ll=-26.480407,147.843018&spn=5.259874,10.821533&sll=-26.971038,147.634277&sspn=5.23728,10.821533&geocode=FSkWXf4dyf8eCSkz0pOsmleRazFAr97zWqMCBA%3BFSg9W_4d-IYOCSmPZeNIukSWazFQvyB_8e4ABA%3BFQqMav4dg1zeCCl5crGpgCS6azEApCB_8e4ABA%3BFb8lbf4dpHC3CCm9f6retLmzazFAoSB_8e4ABA%3BFcroaf4d3l2ZCClzHlg08hdNajEw2yB_8e4ABA%3BFYsUfP4dNsGACCkFuPn1aBtFajEgmCB_8e4ABA%3BFT8chf4d2-eGCClr5cmVyi1PajEAmCB_8e4ABA%3BFcroaf4d3l2ZCClzHlg08hdNajEw2yB_8e4ABA%3BFZKgV_4dzmifCCnDQDiePJtTajHQoyB_8e4ABA%3BFdK3U_4dmvSuCCnbfFM7oresazEwoSB_8e4ABA%3BFUo3Yf4dBBoECSkDefR8vPm9azEgqCB_8e4ABA%3BFSkWXf4dyf8eCSkz0pOsmleRazFAr97zWqMCBA&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=h&z=7
Graham, Shushu, Janine, and I took a train all the way to brisbane to pick up the camper van. Graham was the first to drive. You could feel the nervous tension in everyone as we first pulled away from the lot. Graham got to be our test dummy and try it out because the car was signed in his name. So we made it to Toowoomba with no problems. Well graham did drive on the wrong side of the road for a little bit but it's alright cuz we're alive. We met up with the other 4, picked up groceries and eventually were on our way. I got to drive for a bit. Man it felt so weird at first. Definitely had to focus all my attention on the road and constantly remind myself each turn where I'm going. It didn't help either that the fan had terrible blind spots. Also whenever I wanted to turn the blinkers/turn signals on I'd always hit the windshield wipers because they're on opposite sides. Luckily the brake and gas pedals were the same. But I got the hang of it pretty quickly and now can proudly say that I have the ability to drive on both sides of the road. Now I just need to learn stick.
We stopped in a small town outside of Roma for he night at a rest stop. Kind of obnoxious but we were all pretty tired after a long day. The worst part was we camped out right near the toilets so wind would bring a foul smell every now and then. The first night was really cold too, once the sun went down it was freezing inside the tent.
Anyway there is obviously more to come, It's just that I am really tired, just got back today but figured I had to get one post out there.

No comments:
Post a Comment