Friday, September 16, 2011

Sydney Bound

Wednesday and Thursday were basically carbon copy days. Both days I just had class, went to the gym, finished planning my mid semester break trip to the outback, and homework. Actually one notable thing I found through my walk in the woods yesterday. There is a pond surrounded by this one type of sedge and weed that I still need to look up, but anyway as I walked by it I heard rustling in the weeds so I stood real still to try and see what it was, but then I heard it go back in the water. I attempted to check it out closer, I know probably not a smart idea because it may be a croc, but I doubt a croc would be able to survive in this little pond in the middle of some woods surrounded by streets. The animal left a trail that could be defined by the stomped down weeds. I could not find a print though :-/ my guess would've been a platypus. I really wanna see a platypus, It'd be cool. But I'll keep checking back often and see if I get a siting or something.

Friday I went surfing with Nigel and my friend Eugene. Eugene is a tall, ripped aussie about 2 hours west where I am from. He is currently training for a triathalon so I'm probably going to start running with him on the beach in the morning. Speaking of running though. Damn today I caught Tim on the way back from uni today and he was going to do some cardio training along with leg training and I thought it'd be a good idea to join in since I haven't done cardio in forever :-/ But Fuck did I kill myself. We did 10 200 meter sprints on the 30sec with a 30 sec break in between. Then jog-sprint-jog, for about 1/4 mile. Then numerous leg-jumping exercises. I died in the heat and was hacking my lungs up. I though I was fit, but that is only definition fit. My cardio is shit and I'll work on that now. Anyway where was I... Oh yeah surfing. So today I stood up on my first LEGIT wave. I was so stoked.
Today I also played catch with Tim, and then went to the surfers paradise markets with Graham, Janine, and Sarah. I ate sooo much food. That's another thing the whole day I was exhausted and ridiculously hungry. I just kept eating all day. I had 6 eggs, a chicken sandwich, pear, 2 carrots, 2 PBJ's, Bowl of Pasta, Some granola bars, oreos, a lamb kebab, chocolate, popcorn, beef jerky, meat pie, and frozen yoghurt. But the market was cool got to see more culture of Australia, also bought a beach towel, and got to see an aboriginal playing the didgeridoo. Anyway I'd go into more detail but I'm so tired right now and I gotta wake up early to catch a flight to Sydney!

Yes, You heard me right. Sydney. I'll be back Tuesday morning and when I do I'll be sure to put up pictures and update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment