Monday morning I went surfing with Nigel out by the spit. It wasn't the greatest day out, but the plan was to stand up on the white wash waves. Nigel took me out and tried to teach me, "Catch the wave, and get up". 20 minutes went by and I wasn't getting anywhere, just trying to understand the concept. Nigel had enough and started paddling out to do some surfing of his own. The next wave, without nigel, I stood up! I yelled oi at Nigel and probably looked like a retard but I did it. I finally stood up on a surf board. Later that day watching an instructor out with newbies and Cameron out with Nigel I understood the right way to get up more. I'll also note that Cam go up on his first or second try. Shows how good I am :-/. I'm a surfin' Baboon now.
Tuesday: I took my PADI scuba diving test, filled out the rest of the forms and I am officially Open Water certified (up to 18 meters). Someday maybe I'll get my advanced and do some shipwreck dives or something, but for now it will be enough to allow me to go to the great barrier reef and see some cool stuff. I'm a Diving Baboon now.
BTW for those of you that don't know my dad gave me the nickname baboonski when I was little so that is why I refer to myself as a baboon a lot...
No comments:
Post a Comment