Friday, November 11, 2011

Thanksgiving & Craziness

Ugh I know I'm falling way behind now, but there isn't much to talk about and I'm getting awfully lazy. Or maybe just trying to soak what I have left here in before I have to leave. Only a few more posts left considering the fact that I won't be able to post on my epic adventure. But after that I'll surely have a lot to write about and a lot to conclude.

Anyway last Saturday, I had "Thanksgiving" dinner with Graham, Sam, and Dan. We figured that since all of us were not able to have a thanksgiving dinner this year that we would hold one. We tried earlier to incorporate more people, but it was too hard to coordinate. Our thanksgiving dinner was yah know, your typical one: mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, chicken tomato pasta, kangaroo meat, and apple pie. I made the mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. The potatoes were good but not 100% mashed due to the fact that I was using the worst masher in the world.



The rest of the week has been somewhat of a routine. Wake up around 8am study for a little, eat/throw a baseball around/trail walk/tan/swim, study a little more, go to the gym, eat, study, and relax. I had my soil mechanics final on Wednesday. The practice final was really easy and it seemed like it was going to be a smooth final. But man did the prof just ruin everybody. Nearly everyone was in there for the full 3 hours and the ones who left probably just said fuck it and peaced. I know I passed and that's all I need to transfer credits (my grades don't effect my gpa). So i'm content.

Next I have statistics which will be easy and a good warm up for numerical data and analysis. I need a 52% on the final in order to pass; sounds easy right? Wrong. Everyone who has taken some sort of matlab course knows exactly what I'm talking about. Matlab has got to be the worst class ever, hands down, no contest. And then you throw the worst teacher on the face of the earth for the class. No chance. Here is some reviews about the teacher I have, all are very true. Charles Hacker. Here's just a quick example of how bad: I go in to collect my assignments, his door is open and he's sitting at his computer geeking away. I knock on the door... No response or acknowlegement. "ehem, 'scuse me, I'm here to pick my assignemnts."
"Yeah, right there." He points to a ginormous stack of papers that are in random order and he doesn't even peel his face away from the screen.
Now keep in mind that this man is so awkward that you can hear the shakiness in his voice and just his overall presence is inexplicable.
After I get all my papers, "So what do you recommend is the best way to study for the final exam?"
He stares at me blankly, stumbling for words like it's a ridiculous question, "uhhhh everything."
"So like practice tests, tutorials, or lectures?"
"Yup, yup. All of it."
I giggle and walk away in disgust.

Also to put things in perspective I got a 15% on the mid term, so uhhh. yeah got some studying to do. Fuck matlab.

Oh this week also I decided it'd be funny to start an epic montage of me scaring graham, So far I have 9 clips, and all are pure gold. But here is the original preview: http://youtu.be/5tYkcStVQhc

Um this week has actually been also pretty emotional for me, and life changing. I've learned a lot about myself. If you are further interested don't be afraid to contact me.

Friday night Graham, Skyler, and I had dinner with Janine and Sarah. Janine made pulled pork, which was really good. After Tim nearly convinced me to go to the Ca$ino. Mostly because he kept texting me with every s =$. That itself was pretty convincing. But I'm broke and I needed to study. I was actually at the bus stop with them, but I realized I didn't have any bus money left, I only had $20, my night would've ended early, and I constantly would've been thinking about how bad I was for going to the casino. Kinda funny. But uh yeah that's pretty much it. Missing home a lot, but I'm REALLY excited for my last adventure here. It's going to be a wild few weeks. Anyway until next time.

OH wait! The village got a pool table this week. Too bad too late. I finally can now once again start practicing so I can beat George in a game of straight pool. We play straight ball because we're men, none of that 8 ball lucky no skill bull shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment