This week was supposed to be "study week", but since my finals are way later it just turned into a catch up on sleep, and things needed to be done like register for classes next semester. I have 3 finals: soil mechanics is on weds the 9th and then statistics on the 14th, and the hardest one for last, MATlab on the 17th. I need a 55% on the final in order to pass, sounds easy but considering I got a 15% on the midterm I got ALOT of studying to do. Fuck Matlab.
Anyway the main event of the week was at 4am wednesday Graham and I ended up having a bromantic date to the beach to watch the sunrise and have 4am chicken. The rest of our friends bailed for various reasons so that is why it turned into such a bromantic event. And 4am chicken was significant because there was a funny inside joke between Kalvin and Nigel after a night out yelling at each other to wake everyone up to have 4am chicken. Never happened... Until Now.
I'll let my pictures do the talking once again, but it was really cool to see my first sunrise on a beach.
Also when we were cooking our chicken on the public grills they have everyone was walking by staring at us wondering why we're having chicken so early. I didn't think it would've been as weird as people made it out to be. Interesting how societal standards by the way were shape our mind as to what is 'normal'.
Right after I got back I headed back our with Al to surf in Burleigh. It was an alright day, I stood up 2 times, but the waves could've been better. I think main beach would've been a better spot to go, but it was still cool and I met two new friend from Mass and NH. Ben and Chris. Fun morning, I was extremely exhausted by the time I got back but I was on such a high from the morning that I went to the gym with Nigel after. As you can imagine afterwards I was not feeling very well and passed out.
Thursday and Friday I played lazy, tanned, and hung around. Saving my energy for the study grind in a few days. So It's CRAZY that I have 28 days left in Australia. It went by crazy fast and I know this month is going to fly because the day after finals I head to cairns and then right after I head to tazzy. Come back to the GC for a day and I'm on my way back home.
No comments:
Post a Comment