Saturday, December 17, 2011

Closing a Huge Chapter

So as everyone may know by now, I am home again. Many of you can tell immediately how not only how much I’ve changed physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. On the plane ride back I tried to come up with a few responses to the common question, “how was Australia?” but all that usually came out of my mouth was “Amazing.” It’s really hard to think of one specific amazing story on the spot when the past 5 months itself was just a blur of pure amazing ridiculous experiences. So I ask you all, please please please, next time you see me ask me questions on questions and dig and absorb all the different stories and lessons.
            And now I want to thank my dad for allowing me to take the initiative and go abroad to Australia. My dad has been working hard to support me and my siblings. He has taught me many lessons throughout my life and I thank him for his continued love and support. I want to thank my mom and oma for their constant love and motivation to go see my great uncles Peter, Lewis, and Benito. It was so cool to hear stories and meet distant sides of the family, I felt like I discovered another part of me. So I thank Benito, Kathy, Alida, Peter, and my cousin Ben for allowing me to stay with you guys. Your hospitality and overall presence made my Australian adventure so much more exciting.
            And where would I be without possibly the best room mate in the world, Graham. Probably in a ditch somewhere getting eaten by kangaroos and dingos haha. Graham is not only the nicest person I’ve ever met, but a great friend, and I think without keeping each other sane by living with Cody we’d be dead. LINK. Anyways then I thank all my friends that I made, you guys made this experience: Nigel, Kalvin, Cam, Kelly, Jesse, Janine, Sarah, Sam, Marlon, Thomas, Tim, Sanj, Josh, Teddy, Sebby, Victor, Dan, Henning, Etienne, Abby, Lyndsay, Courtney Al, and everyonelse, I extremely apologize if I didn’t type your name I just ramble when I write these your friendship is just as important and I look forward to hearing from ALL of you guys soon.
            Then of course I want to thank allllll of my friends back home for keeping in contact and being so patient for my return.  And just to make sure I don’t miss anything or anyone, I’m sending out a big thanks to all things and beings.
            Anyway unfortunately this is the end of my blog. But it is surely not the end of my adventures. Therefore if I encounter something amazing or have another big story to tell I think I will keep posting those on here. No promises. But I do promise myself to continue by adventuring and never stop experiencing new things. And with that, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment